Sterling prices.

8<

The treasury thinks we will be worse off, which bit do you think they should lie about to change that?

They can use the treasury model but why do you think it would give a different answer?

Reply to
dennis

But India partners with us so it has access to the EU market. Without that access things may not go as well as you think.

Reply to
dennis

I was not implying that this was under a Labour government. I used the wrong decade My point was that we have had much lower exchange rates in the past half century and we're still here. Industry survives by becoming more efficient, as you can tell by the rapid increase in the standard of living in the 80s.

Reply to
Capitol

You're obviously an Osborne admirer!

Reply to
Capitol

I haven't under stood your pensions comment.

Reply to
Capitol

So, that's wht EY keep getting it wrong!

Reply to
Capitol

A minor drop in GDP is insignificant. The recessions I have lived through have shown that.

Reply to
Capitol

You have immediately started with the negative reason.

Reply to
Capitol

will still be here after we leave

tim

Reply to
tim...

There is no U in Osborne.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Its a positive reason from one side and a negative from yours. All your reasons to leave are negatives too, you just lie about them being positive as the figures show.

Reply to
dennis

If you prefer me to state the same thing in a positive way, because I want Britain to have a strong economy, which it only has a significant chance of achieving if we stay in.

Reply to
Nightjar

There are those who suggest of course that the current stay in offer is not very exciting as there is already an improved offer which Cameron wil suddenly negotiate to allow him to say, we have a much better deal so I'll ignor the referendum. Its what I'd have done in his position. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Obviously little to say then... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Those have only been short term drops, measured, at worst, in a few quarters. If we leave, the loss of inward investment to us as a gateway to the EU will be permanent and the effect will last for many years.

Reply to
Nightjar

did you sleep through 2008?

will it

want to bet?

you really did sleep through 2008, didn't you

tim

Reply to
tim...

But the actual rate is totally irrelevant, you well know. Bid price, offer price for 20 billions dollars or just 1million dollars All that actually matters is that that lowest Pound/Dollar exchange rate ever - the one you correctly remebered, occured in 1985; during the 6th year of the Glorious Reign of the Supreme Leader.

In fact so significant was this thought to be, that the suggestion emerged from elsewhere that far from being the responsibility of the Supreme Leader Herself, this was all the fault of her dopey American chum Ronald Reagan who'd hiked up interest rates in 1985. When in fact this had happened 5 years earlier!

Am I to take it from that, that the penny has finally dropped ?

michael adams

michael adams

Whose standard of living exactly ?

This article is from 2014, but if IRRR it was established over a decade ago that in fact, for workers in the USA at least, real wages haven't in fact changed for decades.

And I can see no real reason to believe why workers in the UK should have fared any better.

But a look at five decades' worth of government wage data suggests that the better question might be, why should now be any different? For most U.S. workers, real wages - that is, after inflation is taken into account - have been flat or even falling for decades, regardless of whether the economy has been adding or subtracting jobs.

michael adams

michael adams

:), like it!

Reply to
Mark Allread

The Kinnocks, or at least some of them, have allegedly secured for themselves EU sinecures, all of which come with allegedly generous pensions.

michael adams

michael adams