Something for the ladies

I spotted these in Lidl the other day. :-)

Or

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Inevitable this time of year, but these people do it all year (as previously noted here):

Wonder if Harriet Harman has one in her van?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Very tempted for tomorrow, since I have been stopped from giving Gerbera (they droop too quickly), Strelitzia (too expensive) or potted orchids (she can't keep them flowering year on year).

Reply to
Nightjar

Am 13.02.2015 um 12:25 schrieb Muddymike:

Is it really legal in the U.K. to sell such a dangerous device to a woman? Think of the mess, she can do with it.

If the valentine's day gift _must_ be pink, i'd recommend a semi-automatic rifle.

Much saver. And more versatile.

Reply to
Matthias Czech

I think they're intended for men who don't want their stuff nicked.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

My daughter carries one of these...

The Medway Handyman

Don't give lilies. The women complain about the pollen stains.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Not to mention that many people associate them with funerals.

Reply to
Nightjar

My wife won't have lilies in the house because of the overpowering smell. When sons send them for Mothers Day or birthday they have to stay outside.

Reply to
Bob Martin

On 13 Feb 2015, The Medway Handyman grunted:

Blimey, didn't know those were in use now by rank-and-file paramedics. How often does she get to play with it?

Reply to
Lobster

She never has. And she's miffed about that.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ditto (me, not my wife).

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Good for her. I can't stand them - they smell just like burning plastic to me.

Reply to
Huge

They were originally introduced to LAS Central Ops medics prior to the Olympics but are now issued to all. I was talking to a SECAMB medic the other day and they have them as well.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman