Smoke and CO detetors for landlords

I must admit I have not done any research into the new law that starts tomorrow regarding the subject .

I have been far too busy fitting smoke and CO detectors for landlords.

Reply to
ARW

Confirmation you've been working too hard? The "new law" started

*today* - 1 October :)

Key points are:

- smoke alarm on every floor (no need to be linked or hardwired)

- carbon monoxide alarm in any room with a fireplace or solid fuel stove (ditto)

- check they are working at the start of a new tenancy (NB not every year)

There's a DCLG booklet with FAQs if you need to hit landlords over the head with something:

And if you are paid per item fitted note especially "as gas appliances can emit carbon monoxide, we would expect and encourage reputable landlords to ensure that working carbon monoxide alarms are installed in rooms with these. "

Reply to
Robin

IIRC Aico do a nice range of 10 year LiIon radio interlinked for those times when mains interlinking or indeed mains anything is impractical.

And yes I know, interlinking is not required - but nice to have.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yes I'm a fan of AICO, although they're certainly not cheap. Fitted a heat detector of theirs in our infamous kitchen! They are advertising a landlord's guide at

- scroll down a bit.

Not sure if the submission page just gives download access or what.

Phil

Reply to
thescullster