Smart meter refusal question

Interesting idea! As a landlord, I don't think I'm allowed to prevent the tenant changing utility company which would then stop the meter being smart. The remote unit might still talk to the meters I suppose just that the meter will not talk to the Utility co.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I'm not seeing how. Tenants' electricity costs are of no consequence to landlords, and I very much doubt landlords would be permitted under GDPR to collect, store & proces such data.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Think cannabis farm.

Reply to
ARW

Right! Though by the time the energy use goes high the damage is already done.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

They might certainly be of interest though, if the tenants were subletting illegally or in breach of their private tenancy agreement. A room or two full of bunk beds, with corresponding use of microwaves ovens, washing machines and heating in winter. This would certainly be a lot cheaper and less intrusive than the regular inspections which would otherwise be necessary; certainly in blocks of flats etc.

michael adams

michael adams

I take it you're not a landlord

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

tapped away at his keyboard and launched the following pearl of wisdom into cyberspace for the benefit of posterity in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com...

Neither am I troll-bait. Unluckily for you.

michael adams

michael adams