Small roller bearings, e.g. on drawer sliders

I searched for roller bearings, and clicked "Prime, same day". There are

188 search results, all for delivery today.

This looks like it's more or less right for what you want to do.

I thought it's interesting that they can deliver an unusual item so quickly, particularly on a bank holiday. I would need to order by 1PM for delivery today between 6 and 10PM.

Reply to
GB

Even cheaper (and perhaps more suitable for the speeds)

Reply to
newshound

Those come from Hong Kong. The blurb says: "Get it as soon as 26 Apr.

- 17 May when you choose Standard Delivery at checkout"

"Ascot City" sounds like it's just down the road, but click on it and the address given is 223 Hing Fong Road, Kwai Fong, N.T., HK

No way is Amazon is going to be able to deliver these earlier, unless one pays an exorbitant fee for an overnight courier.

They can't. It's a total con. I, too, once believed the blurb. A recent purchase, again from China, didn't arrive within the allotted window -- so Amazon simply shifted delivery to within a new allotted window!

Anyway, I've got what I want now. I went to Screwfix and bought the drawer runners:

MM

Reply to
MM

That's a marketplace seller. There's stock sold by Amazon, at a slightly higher price, and available for immediate delivery.

Hopefully, Amazon will forgive you for libelling them. :)

Reply to
GB

Do those have proper bearings in? Mostly, that type have nylon wheels that turn on a fixed pivot.

Reply to
GB

Look like nylon rather than steel and don't look sealed, which in the presence of sawdust from the jigsaw is less than ideal.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes, you're right, they are. They should work as a prototype though. I've asked a couple of other makers of such jigs and they say the rollers don't have to press tightly against the blade, but merely "kiss" it.

If it doesn't work, then I'll make another with proper bearings. These are my new favourite, with free delivery on all UK orders:

MM

Reply to
MM