Drawer Sliders

In the course of investigating fitting a new gas hob, I need to remove the drawer immediately below it. The drawer opens on smooth running sliders one each side, with an end stop.

The question is how to override the end stops?

No release catch or whatever is visible on the inside of the drawers, to the rear, or underneath. Can't see how/what could release it.

The units were from Magnet, around 16 years ago.

Reply to
Capn Nemo

Most do have some sort of release catch or you have to lift the drawer body at the end of the travel to get a roller to go over the top of the stop. I do have a desk here that has neither of the above and the runner has to be be unscrewed from the drawer box when it is fully extended.

hth

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Quite often it is a flexible piece of plastic near the front of the runner, you press upwards and that releases the draw. Not at all obvious when you look at it.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Thanks Bob.

The two drawers below the top one are different and readily removable via lift-out sliders. With those drawers removed, laid out flat on me back with me head in the kitchen unit with the aid of a torch*, I've been able get a better view. The rear of each slider is attached via a bracket to the back of the drawer with two screws. There is another screw accessible attaching the slider to the side of the drawer.

It looks like there is no way to release the slider mechanism so I need to remove the screws that attach the drawer to slider - i.e. similar to your desk drawer. Problem solved.

  • =flashlight for any Yanks reading.
Reply to
Capn Nemo

The usual thing is to remove the drawer from the slider. Screws into the drawer from the slide.

No?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

But because both sliders are the same, but mounted the opposite way up from each other, you push one UP and the other DOWN.

Reply to
Roger Mills