I'm imressed.

Ordered up a Toslink to RCA unit from Ebay yesterday. It arrived this morning.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's free enterprise for you

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I'd rather the poor sods didn't have to work over a bank holiday. Unless doing essential work which this wasn't. I'd have been happy if it had arrived Wednesday.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Good service, but I hope it's better than the one I got - the wall wart produced hum on the audio. I sent it back for replacement and that was just as bad - cheap Chinese tat. I 'borrowed' a wart from another bit of kit and it was as quiet as the grave. YMMV.

Reply to
The Other John

No wall wart with this one. Just USB input for the 5v. I've already got several spare.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Some time ago I had one of those things that converts from every video format to almost any other. Worked fine for some months but now seems to just output internal colour bars no matter what you do. Again it was frighteningly cheap and Chinese, so I guess that is false economy. Never sent it back too much hassle. Shame as it seemed to work very well at the start, and its solidly made, if a little strange in design, ie alomost every face has a socket or a switch on it! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes some of the 5v warts also create loads of rfi and crud on the power line too. I have one here that seems quiet, but it fell to bits and was almost electrocuted due to the way the pins were connected to the tiny pcb inside. also no current protection, no fuse no nothing, just a few caps, a chip and a tiny transformer. Screws holding it together about the size of cassette screws 2 of those into cheap plastic and I assume a fake CE sticker Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff