Sitting here doing nothing, watching Tim Hunkin doing things

Tim Hunkin has made a new video about Chains and Belts and how he has used them. The machines he has made are fantastic, they get wee brief shots.

misterroy

Shame Rex Garrod isn't still around ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Brilliant! Many thanks for the heads up.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Fascinating. Thank you (and him!).

Reply to
John Nomen

It happens that misterroy formulated :

Thanks for that, I enjoyed it. He is looking quite old now.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

His upcoming vids,

THE SECRET LIFE OF COMPONENTS

Youtube Channel Subscribed (How did I not?)

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Kinda sad to see in some respects. His fluency of speech is definitely down compared to days of old but then again, I?m sure mine is too. I don?t have old videos to compare myself with though.

A bit surprised to see him welding without gloves at one point and the way that his chain riveting technique left him with tight links. A proper chain tool lets you push a rivet with the back plate supported or unsupported so that you can make fine adjustments.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

That might just be a reflection on not having a full production crew available to do script editing, multiple takes, and lots of slick editing.

at least he had a mask :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

He's 70 and looks and sounds nearer eighty.

Reply to
DJC