My 30 Second Thin Strip Cutting Jig

In this video, they explain how to make a thin strip cutting jig in about 30 minutes.

After watching it, I made one in about 30 seconds.

A quick sanding of the dumb end of my feather board and I was done.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Very good, but with the dumb end already rounded, is it really necessary to put a point on it? Without touching the dumb end, you'll wind up with minimal contact with the work piece regardless.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

I felt more drag than I wanted with the rounded end. The point seems smoother. Maybe it's just my imagination or perhaps the original positioning.

Besides, I got to use the combo bench sander that the kids got me for Christmas. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Very good! Kinda like how many have make the " Bridge City Tools Kerf Maker" much simpler.

I have the Rockler thin strip jig, it has a bearing on the end, little friction at all.

Reply to
Leon

Ok, I added a bearing to the end of the jig. Not sure how it will help though. ;-)

DerbyDad03

[snip]

I believe that what we have here, Luke, is a failure to communicate! ;)

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

LOL/..Ummm it is spoze to be tuch'n the wood.

Reply to
Leon