sds chisels

Naturally!

From the first "pressing". ;-)

Actually, I think Steve Firth has something of a custard fetish.

Just look at his web site:

on "Start slideshow" and enjoy!

Be quick, he will probably take it down ....

Reply to
Bruce

Aspergers springs to mind.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

He is rather, and you can add your name to that list.

Reply to
Steve Firth

In message , Steve Firth wrote

Why pay a fortune when the Finest Quality Extra Virgin Oil from Italy can be purchased for £5/litre. (or less by the pallet load). Or is this yet another company selling crap at below the cost of production?

Alan

Because one likes to show off. There wouldn't be a Bond Street or a Fortnums if people were logical. Warren Buffet and Bill Gates are busy giving their dosh away, which is the only sensible option.

Or is this

Reply to
stuart noble

And who says it is "the Finest Quality"?

Oh, it's the firm selling it. Must be true, then.

No mention of acidity.

Figures. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

The point is that it is being sold at £5/litre and as Extra Virgin Olive Oil. If Steve uses the same arguments as he applies to his anti Aldi/Lidl campaign this company must also be misleading the public as it is being sold at less than the cost of production.

On the other hand, maybe the cost of production for someone who is not a peasant farmer is somewhat lower and that allows oil to be sold well below £20/litre (or even at the prices Aldi/Lidl are charging).

I did find figures for Australian Extra Virgin at 80p/litre by the pallet load (price for delivery in the UK). :)

Reply to
Alan

"... DON'T TELL HIM PIKE .... "

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Yeh? go on then, where do I find this 'list', just so I can check for myself that my name is on there !!!! or can't you manage a simple task like that?? Dave

Reply to
Dave

Do they let people like you use a computer without your carer in attendance?

Reply to
Steve Firth

tasted their product. I know of the company, but I've not met them at any trade show or indeed seen their product in any restaurant. Nor has any of our customers produced a bottle of their oil and demanded to know why ours is more expensive.

FWIW, it's not a huge discount, they sell nine litres for the same price that we sell seven litres. And their oil is not a DOP product.

If you can afford to buy a pallet load and can consume it all before it goes off, go for it. If you want to buy a pallet load from us, I'd probably manage to meet their price.

If OTOH you just want to buy one half-litre bottle then you can expect to pay "quite a bit" more.

You do understand the difference between buying wholesale and retail, don't you?

Reply to
Steve Firth

While being a total c*ck as you appear to be is what, exactly?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Excellent. Personal abuse.

Can you stoop any lower? Go on, do try!

Reply to
Bruce

Sorry, that line is (c) That Cock Hansen.

Of course it's personal abuse, you're a f****it. Like most fuckwits you seem to think I inherently owe you some respect for the level of your fuckwittery. I don't. Since you're clearly beyond rational or reasonable conversation poking the mong with a stick is the only point I can see for you.

Go on, emote some more over me.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Now you're getting *really* desperate. Poor you.

Reply to
Bruce

Is this a piece of your brain> -> .

Or all of it?

Laughing at mongs like you is entertainment. So in what sense it is "poor me"?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Because you're pathetic. Every time you try to claim the moral high ground you sink deeper and deeper into the mire. Poor you.

It cannot be easy selling your overpriced "extra virgin" olive oil into a competitive market, with your lack of communication skills getting in the way.

Reply to
Bruce

At what point did I try to "claim the moral high ground"? I simply point out that you're a f****it.

Isn't that what you referred to as "slander" earlier, you hypocrite?

Which "lack of communication skills" do you refer to? I've already demonstrated that I have a larger vocabulary than you.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You're right.

When it comes to profanity, I cannot compete with you.

Reply to
Bruce

You couldn't compete with a donkey.

Reply to