Re: Why?

>> Was Yule hijacked by you dog types? It is a pagan festival

Wrong group sorry.

Regards Micky

Reply to
Micky Savage

Oh no can't do that.

OOOOOOH NO

Reply to
Micky Savage

They always say that they /could/ do a curse but it would come back on them so they don't. 8-;

Reply to
Ed Sirett

can anyone find that famous pagan (Xmas) cartoon strip

Reply to
geoff

In article , Micky Savage scribeth thus

My daughters boyfriends mum is a witch .. is there any particular etiquette one should use when meeting her?...

over Yuletide?...

Reply to
tony sayer

are you suggesting Christ was not born conveniently at the winter solstice? How absurd.

Reply to
clumsy bastard

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Micky Savage" saying something like:

I believe in none of your shit, so f*ck off.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

who's christ???

i thought xmyth was about the crap everyone buys to keep the shops going for another year.

Reply to
gazz

the leader of a jewish sect

Jesus Christ "(c.6 bc?c.30 ad) The central figure of Christianity, believed by his followers to be the Son of God, of one essence with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit (the doctrine of the Trinity). The Gospels of the New Testament are the main sources of information about Jesus. According to them, Jesus was born at Bethlehem to Mary, by tradition a virgin, in the reign of Augustus Caesar."

Christianity "A religion whose adherents believe in or follow the religion of Jesus Christ. At first Christianity was simply a Jewish sect which believed that Jesus of Nazareth was the Messiah (or `Christ', `anointed one'). Largely owing to the former Pharisee, Saul of Tarsus (later St Paul)"

Ahhhh, thats based on the three kings bringing gifts, of course there is no mention of the three kings in the actual bible, which hasnt stopped Cologne and Marco Polo finding thier remains......

Reply to
clumsy bastard

In message , clumsy bastard writes

What ??

Mathew chp. 2 v.1-16

Reply to
chris French

Reply to
clumsy bastard

No Tony not at all

Regards

Micky

Reply to
Micky Savage

No sure that lambs are born at the solstice either. Or that shephreds tend their flocks by night in midwinter. Got them all in the stables.

Anyway, the accepted science is the JC popped up about march time, and this coincides neatly with some comet or other. Wasn't 0BC either IIRC.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

its an historical typo for "wash their socks" all children know this.

"science"?

Reply to
clumsy bastard

As in correlating the vague hints in the bible with a realistic real timeline that conforms to he scientific worldview..i.e. one that contains events that proceed from laws of nature to phenomenal realities, rather than divine intervention.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Don't you just love the traditional carols tho'.

We three kings of orient are One on a motorbike One in a car One on a scooter Pipping his hooter Following yonder star

Oh, star of wonder Star of light Sit on a box of dynamite Light the fuse and off we go Around the world To Mexico

OR;

We three kings of Leicester Square Selling ladies underwear How fantastic No elastic Only a penny a pair

OR;

We three Beatles of Liverpool are Paul on a bus John in a car George on a scooter Blowing his hooter Followed by Ringo Starr

Don.

Reply to
Don

What? Not take the bible literally? Tell that to the Americans.

Reply to
clumsy bastard

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that december 25 was the brats birthday.

That as a Roman invention as part of the politicization of a suitable sect to pacify the solstice worshiping barbarians.

There is little evidence that spring was the time of the crucifixion. either.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

indeed, where can we fit it in?

or that it happened?

Reply to
clumsy bastard

Joy to the world, the Teacher's dead We barbecued his head

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q