Screwfix Deliveries -UPDATE

It's like nurses. I'm sure they've seen it all before.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

In all modesty.....;-)

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

Deliveries and service can work well if you pay the delivery charge.

Yesterday evening at 1930, I placed an order for three items with RS Components on their web site. I needed two of them this morning, so selected the "before 10am" delivery at a cost of £12.

At 0915 this morning, they called me to say that they had had a system problem in their dispatch area and that while one item had gone out, the other two had not. As it happened, one of the items that I wanted today, had gone out, but the second had not.

I explained that I did need that item today, so they checked stock at their nearest trade counter location and dispatched it by courier.

The first parcel arrived at 0930, the courier at 10.30. The third parcel will arrive before 0900 tomorrow.

They are also refunding the delivery charge.

They just called to check that I had received everything so far and was happy.

I was quite impressed by all of that.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Wait 'til you ask for three hour delivery on an item, the service is great, but the cost's phenomenal - 90 quid delivery on a 45 quid item! It was holding up an entire production line though, so cost was unimportant.

Steve W

Reply to
Steve Walker

In message , David W.E. Roberts writes

happy to leave you with your fantasies, David ;-)

Reply to
NoSpamThanks