Satnav - TomTom vs Garmin

I think they tried that but he checked the exit route behind his car as he got into and was looking out the rear window and the mirrors (for his hedge one side and the fence the other) as one does when reversing?

But yes, if there was someone or something *under* the back of most peoples cars as they back out of their own drives, I'm guessing most people would have the same result, especially if they approached it from the front (or from the back if they had reversed in)?

The same applies to those who back into short posts in car parks or scrape them down the side because they are below their line_of_sight and under the mirror?

They muttered and mumbled a bit but didn't do anything, other than extract their slightly worse-for-wear box from his drive and went away.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Since May 2018 all newly manufactured vehicles sold in the U.S. have been required to have backup cameras equipped as a standard feature. Is there no equivalent regulation for vehicles sold within the UK?

Reply to
Anthony R. Gold
<snip>

I don't know, not buying a new car ever (only choosing a few new company cars years ago) such would be ok as long as it was very wide angle and included the rear 'bumper' etc?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I have a Garmin Nuvicam - it has every road in Europe, except Russia.

Reply to
Simon Mason