Roller blind fitting cost?

A friend has asked if I can fit two basic roller blinds. Both will need the roller and fabric shortening to fit narrower window. I'd happily do it for nothing but they insist on paying the going rate.

So my question is what is the "odd job man" going rate.

TIA

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

A bottle of wine

Reply to
mailbin

I'd happily settle for that but they want to make it what a tradesman would charge - difficult one eh?

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I charge either a bottle of wine or a bottle of good malt - depending. In some cases I ask for a donation to a charity.

Reply to
charles

A quick Google suggests ~1 hour per window at £49 per hour:

Gareth

Why not adopt Dave's pricing scheme:

I sure he won't mind! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

and then there are the surcharges: 50% if you watch, 100% if you "help".

Reply to
charles

Been there. Roller binds are utter crap, always have been and always will be. Bloody awful things. Tell your friend to pay the shop he bought then from to fit them.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Reply to
Bob Minchin