mapei grout

Screwfix are selling a small bag of MAPEI BUILDFIX FLEXIBLE WALL & FLOOR GROUT IVORY 2.5KG which is probably what I need, but I cannot find a colour chart. This grout is not on their website, the closest being Mapei Ultracolor.

The Buildfix stuff only seems to be available from diy places like wickes, b&q and screwfix, but not from the tiler type suppliers.

Anyone know what the Buildfix stuff is ? A cheaper DIY version, old stock of a previous Mapei product, etc. ?

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I would expect the colour to be the same regardless of which grout version you buy. They have a chart here:

Don't know, but it does seem to be limited to retail type shops and gets little mention elsewhere.

Reply to
John Rumm

Response from Mapei:

The grout you mention is named for buildfix the production date of the product is printed on the side of the packaging . The product on Mapei website is ultracolor plus, hope this information is of use to you.

Not exactly sure what "buildfix" is though - the wonders of modern branding !.

Something funny about that PDF colour chart - the ivory is decidedly grey. The colour on the packet on screwfix website is - well - more like ivory.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

And on the Mapei website, the Ultra Color plus has now new colours - the closest to Ivory appears to be Jasmine. I suppose this all means - go to the tile place and check the colours.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson