rip off

I need more of this ....recently got 2.5l for £25 delivered but this is all that is availabele what a rip off

Jim GM4DHJ ...

I've seen similar when looking for paint on-line where prices could be x3 to x4 times that of pre-lockdown. It's the law of supply and demand and possibly what people are prepared to pay if they have time on their hands and need/want to get on with a job. Until last week many places selling at previous prices only had delivery slots in 3 weeks time (or only had limited picking staff to processes the orders any quicker).

I want some more BAC50. In January it was just over £24 (incl postage)for 5 litres - last week when I looked it was around £50 to £75 for the same quality. One Ebay seller wanted £30 for 0.5 litres. It was more expensive 3 weeks into lock-down but I assume more supplies have now become available. I can wait until some sanity returns.

I also note that on-line suppliers who used to have practically permanent discounts or sales have dropped these and are now selling at a higher price.

Reply to
alan_m

all very true as far as I can see...oh well it will just have to sit half finished for now.......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

But who was Ron? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Apparently it started with a shoe, lino and furniture polish produced by a company called Ronuk, which got is name as an Anglicised form of a word suggested by an ex-Indian Army officer signifying brilliance.

Reply to
Andy Burns