SOT: linking USB endoscopes etc to Android Tablets (Hudl2, Asus Memopad)

Semi OT as I will use it for allsorts if it can be done :>)
Reading of agro with OTG cables and "device not supported" issues
Anyone managed?
TIA
Jim K
On 15/01/2015 10:49, JimK wrote:

Not personally, but it can be done (at a price)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281049365999?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
/Not personally, but it can be done (at a price)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281049365999?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT/q
Ouch!
Seen some WiFi enabled endoscopes on Amazon et all, but presume you'd need network (and) access for that to work... So no guarantees if not in your own controlled space...
Jim K

On a PC under windows, mine seems to work with more than one camera type app. But may not have all the 'functions'. Just producing a picture. But it's probably down to the driver.
--
*I don't work here. I'm a consultant

Yes, one of the justifications for buying one of the new mega-cheap WIMBoot Windows 8.1 tablets was because I couldn't get the Android tablets to work with a usb webcam.
--
Bill

/mega-cheap WIMBoot Windows 8.1 tablets /q
Gorra link guv?
Jim K

This won't be much help as I bought mine from Staples when they had the half-price offer on, so I paid £80 for a 10" tablet, half the current amount
http://tinyurl.com/n7z7vvh
There are some other makes, but nothing much yet at a sensible buy-it-now price.
These work because they have a smallish ssd which decompresses Windows on the fly, and as needed, from the recovery partition, and the manufacturers get full Windows 8.1, but not the pro version, free.
I'm not sure W 8.1 is as good as a tablet OS as Android, but I can hang all sorts of accessories (eg a 1TB drive) on the usb port and it works just like a laptop.
--
Bill

On 15/01/2015 17:58, Bill wrote:

Oh, that looks quite interesting.
Several smaller ones in PC World (for example)
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/ipad-tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/linx-7-tablet-32-gb-black-10100242-pdt.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA0O2lBRDOrPX4oJP3t2oSJACjpaHASgmxSaNPVAmgC55xhR3t0s4_krnLsf-kNMxL1zkrwRoC0Nrw_wcB&srcid 8&cmpid=ppc~gg~~~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&s_kwcid=AL!3391!3!54854360300!!!g!64758806840!&ef_id=VHo2XQAABXTnS4Gx:20150118214303:s
However, I'm gradually moving away from Windows, I quite liked 8.1 originally but have started having trouble with one of the laptops after a Windows update. Also had a hardware failure on another and replaced it with a MacBook. Just ordered an Android phone to replace my Nokia windows one. (I find the Nexus 7 Android tablet very functional and bullet proof).