RIP John Noakes

One of my childhood heros. And not OT as he did stuff.

Anyone who can do this is either insane or brave (or both as he was from Yorkshire)

And comments like this one at 2min 38sec

ARW

I can only agree. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It's a sad but unavoidable fact that as you grow old, you witness the departure of all the heroes of your youth, reminding you that you're not immortal either.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Agreed. I am now the same age as my best friend was when he unexpectedly died 6 years ago.

Reply to
ARW

The saddest bit for me was reading this:

"[Peter] Purves told BBC News that Noakes's death was "very sad" but added that the Alzheimer's had become "extremely serious" in recent years."

Caecilius

John Noakes was in the news a few years back for having escaped from his carers and was being searched for. Sad indeed.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Life is a bit like being a coin on one of those coin cascades as seen in amusement arcades and fairgrounds, for ages you are just one of hundreds joggling around minding your own business , then you realise a lot of those who were ahead have gone over the edge and the generation you are part of is thinning out as well and there are hardly any coins left in front before it is your turn to drop. And a load of "players" ranging from greedy relatives through to Politicians and the taxman are hoping you will do so at the earliest so they can reap your worth.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg