It's another Clive...

this time with a weird CFL fault, it lights dim & pink

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

i do not think he is long for this world the way he is connecting and handling his mains supply.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

:) I think he's going to learn some respect!

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

More like ElectroBoom

philipuk

He certainly hit on one with this:

Crazy or what

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Odd for a GU10. Early ES/BC CFLs often started a dim pink, then brightened and whitened as they warmed. I'd have thought all the GU10 CFLs were too late for that.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

It means it's run out of mercury in the discharge. The pink is the argon gas discharging, and it's dim because it doesn't emit UV to ecxite the phosphor.

This is not uncommon for a worn lamp where the mercury gets absorbed into the phosphor and other internal parts, and lost from the discharge over time, combined with the minimal mercury dosing which is used in fluorescent tubes nowadays anyway. For a new lamp, it would be a manufacturing fault.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If I were trading standards I'd do a big seller round up & prosecute for that.

Reply to
tabbypurr