Removing euro cylinder

Yes worth it but if time allows could you possibly get a replacement spring?

Reply to
ss

Doubt it. The whole mech. is 'riveted' together and the 'rivets' are actually the shafts for all the moving bits. There's also the high potential for a multiple pinfuckit. As the whole thing is north of 6' long and rather oily/greasy I'd need to do it in the shed or outside (weather allowing - typical British summer, always raining!), so any flying bits would be lost.

Reply to
PeterC

You should be able to get the lock on it's own without the locking rods. Search for 'centre case' Good luck!

Cheers, Jim

Reply to
Jim White

Thanks for that - I'd never have guessed the term. Found a couple, but one was the same price as the whole thing and the other was a few quid cheaper but ex-VAT.

Reply to
PeterC

Finally done! Having managed to remove the lock, as above, she finally settled for buying a new complete assembly. Also needed some keeps as 2 were for mushroom pegs and the new ones are all roller. Took some time to get roundtuit as she works some shifts. Today, cut the new assembly to length, had great fun with the keeps as the new ones are thicker, so had to place them where there was about 0.5 mm clearance. Several more holes of course, just managed to skew a couple of screws to avoid new holes close to old ones (one area had 6 holes already!). Repaired the handles on the other door. All now works properly, so now she needs another 2 keys per door. Whole lot cost £55.10 - I settled for £55 with 10p discount for cash. Phew!

Reply to
PeterC