New euro cylinder alignment problem

Hi all,
I have just purchased a new keyed alike set of euro cylinders (anti-pick, anti-bump, anti-snap) to replace the existing ones of unknown level of security.
I replaced 2 of them OK but the third (patio door) is causing problems.
If I put the new lock in place without the retaining screw, I can line things up OK and lock the door without a problem. When I put the retaining screw in, the lock is very difficult to turn and wont actualy lock.
Looking at the retaining screw when it has just started to be screwed in, it looks like its off centre to its hole. I think that tightening it up pulls the lock to the left slightly which puts the cam in the wrong position.
Also, comparing the width of the cam on the old lock to the new one, the new one looks slightly (maybe 1mm) wider than the old one.
Do cams come in different sizes?
Is it feasible to file the cam down to make it fit?
Thanks
Alan
On 10/6/2016 6:57 PM, AlanC wrote:

Can you perhaps slightly enlarge the screw hole so that it aligns better with the lock body? Can't see why it might not be OK to reduce cam width slightly. Dremel?
On 06/10/2016 19:03, newshound wrote:

Initially I would swap the locks and see if the problem occurs in the other doors, this would ascertain if it is the door or the lock that is the issue.
On Thursday, 6 October 2016 19:35:40 UTC+1, ss wrote:

Yes, definitely the way to go.
On 10/6/2016 7:35 PM, ss wrote:

Agreed, I though of that just after I had posted!
On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 5:04:17 PM UTC+1, newshound wrote:

Just tried the lock in another door (front door takes the same size) and it worked perfectly.
So, looks like it is down to the slight misalignment when the securing screw is tightened in the patio door.
I'll try trimming down the cam with my Dremel tomorrow.
Thanks
On Friday, 7 October 2016 20:19:37 UTC+1, AlanC wrote:

I would look at the door rather than the lock.
On Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 7:18:43 AM UTC+1, harry wrote:

I agree but I cant see any kind of adjustment on it, short of replacing the whole locking mechanism (which I would rather not do).
It appears that the cam is just too snug of a fit in this particular locking mechanism. The cam on the old lock looks like its about 1mm narrower which would explain why it works OK.
Just to let you all know, I trimmed about 1mm off the external side of the cam and filed a little off the top and it now works perfectly.
After closer inspection of the old lock, it also appears to have been filed.
Thanks all
Alan