Euro cylinder locks: recommendation

We have six doors with reasonably old and vulnerable Euro cylinder locks so I'm considering fitting anti-snap locks.
Anyone care to recommend a brand and/or supplier?

F wrote:

Sorry - can't recommend a brand. But things to look out for are a resitance to snapping and resistance to bump-keying.
--
Tim Watts

On 25/09/12 12:15, F wrote:

I've used these people in the past and there's some information here about the issues and they sell Yale locks.
http://www.handlestore.com/category/Cylinder-Door-Locks/0 /
Andy C

Plastic or wooden doors?
If wooden, fit bolt through cylinder guards (aka security escutcheons) instead then they don't have anything to torque.
If plastic you can get more secure handles that act as a cylinder guard but don't expect a plastic door to hold back anyone for too long.
The final answer is not to fit euro unless you absolutely have to.
For cylinder recommendations, have a look back on google groups, euro cylinders have been discussed quite a few times in the last few mths.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
On 25/09/2012 12:15, F wrote:

Yale have brass tabs instead of plastic
On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 12:15:44 +0100, F wrote:

I fitted these to my 2 doors and also to next doors, er, doors. Quick delivery and I managed to get the e-bay price even though I'd rung up. http://shop.windowrepairshop.co.uk/epages/es115683.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es115683_shop/Products/%22Security%20Door%20Cylinder%20Lock%22/SubProducts/%22C47%20ZERO%22
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

http://www.abs-secure.co.uk /
Ten pins, magnetic anti bump pin, snap it off and you can't get to the mechanism from the outside.
Easier to break the door, supposedly.
There are youtube videos of them being picked, but they take longer than the other videos.
~30 a lock.
On Tue, 25 Sep 2012, "dennis@home" writ:

5 pins each side.

Five pins inside five hollow pins.
On Wed, 26 Sep 2012, "dennis@home" writ:

Then why not say what you meant?

8<

5 pins + 5 pins = 10 pins the last time I looked and its what I said.
On 26/09/2012 12:37, dennis@home wrote:

Wrong again! 4 dual pins and 1 solid.
Prat!
--
Phamer

If the bird of peace is the dove, the bird of love must be the swallow!

How about the magnetic one.
I fixed your sig.

On 26/09/2012 19:19, dennis@home wrote:

You really are trying for fuckwit of the year aren't you?
The ABS Avocet Euro Cylinder has FOUR coaxial pin pairs and ONE SOLID magnetic pin.
That makes NINE pins by your strange calculations or FIVE pins by any sensible person's calculations.
Because the FOUR coaxial pins act in the same way as solid pins as far as tamper protection is concerned. If you actually knew anything about locks you would also realise that the coaxial pin system only provides a small amount of additional security and should be disregarded when comparing with other types.
--
Phamer

If the bird of peace is the dove, the bird of love must be the swallow!
[Default] On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 07:35:16 +0100, a certain chimpanzee,
wrote:

You know how if you win the World Cup three times, you get to keep it? Dennis has a mantlepiece full of awards.
--
Hugo Nebula
On 25/09/2012 19:36, dennis@home wrote:

Wrong! 9 pins.
--
Phamer

If the bird of peace is the dove, the bird of love must be the swallow!
[Default] On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 12:15:44 +0100, a certain chimpanzee, F

I bought one from uk-locks.co.uk recently. I suppose only time will tell if it's really secure.
--
Hugo Nebula

You drive a screw into the slot and pull the lock out with a claw hammer, you can then rotate the cam to open the door. About 30 seconds, which is about twice as long as snapping a cheap lock.
On 25/09/2012 12:15, F wrote:

I fitted Evva 3KS from Saunderson Security; the locks are supposed to be the mutt's wotsits and the service was good. I got all the locks keyed-alike so only need one key - that was worth the small extra cost.

Well they are more difficult to pick than most, about 20 minutes appears the norm for them.
However I don't see what stops you driving a screw into the lock and pulling half the lock out. Or what stops you moving the locking cam once you have taken the front half of the lock off.