Security advice on buying euro cylinder door locks (online or not)

Good day, I want to upgrade my Euro cylinder door locks to higher-security ones. Unsu rprisingly, these locks are cheaper on eBay than at my local lock shop. But I wondered about the safety considerations of buying from an online dealer . I'm concerned that if I buy online, the dealer will know exactly what key I'll be using and also my home address. Do you agree that this could compr omise one's security? Any tips on buying these locks in a safe way at a fav ourable price would be appreciated. TIA PW

I am impressed with my Ultilion Locks
http://www.brisant-secure.com/ultion.php
PW wrote:

Have them delivered to a work address?
PW wrote:

We had new windows and external doors fitted eight years ago. The fitters will know what sort of key and our address. Food for thought?
On 28/10/2016 16:37, PW wrote:

Ask a friend to order it for you.
--
Mike Clarke

On 28/10/2016 17:21, Mike Clarke wrote:

....."I want to upgrade my Euro cylinder door locks to higher-security ones.".......
Just be a little careful as to what ebayers (or retailers) consider high security. In some instances it will just be spool pins which make it more difficult to pick or rake but can still be drilled or snapped. You probably want anti-drill and anti-snap. Once you have them installed how easy would it be to kick the door in. It is worth reviewing the bigger picture not just the locks if you have not already done so.
On 28/10/2016 22:42, ss wrote:

After we had the front door changed to a upvc one a couple of years ago I upgraded the lock to a kitemarked anti snap/bump/drill. I bought it from a proper locksmith shop who asked the same question. Reckoned he'd not heard of a single case locally where entry had been gained through snapping the lock, but more a couple where the door panel had simply just been kicked in...
On 29/10/2016 01:07, Lee wrote:

A few years ago we had Mr Plod around to advise on home security. He told us of a jeweller, who had a steel plate in his front door and really good locks.
The scrotes went through the wall.
All you need to do is make sure someone else is an easier/better target.
Andy
On 01/11/2016 21:31, Vir Campestris wrote:

+1
On Tue, 01 Nov 2016 21:31:25 +0000, Vir Campestris wrote:

Advice that sounds remarkably not unlike that given to those hiking through bear country in regard of choosing a walking partner carefully, i.e. make sure he can't run as fast as you! :-)
--
Johnny B Good

Theoretically possible, but in practice it just doesn’t happen.

Buy them from ebay and get them delivered to someone you know who is close enough so its convenient to get them from there when they arrive.