Recommendations for more powerful home WAP?

Thanks for the lead, their own site is a bit annoying but searched and found some UK distis with some very attractive pricing, 50quid a pop

+vat.

Will definitely be looking deeper into these.

Reply to
fred

I have used quite a few of their gig switches, managed an unmanaged. They seem pretty good. No idea how well they would perform in a heavy use data centre environment though.

Reply to
John Rumm

Do bear in mind that as well as giveth you'll receiveth as well theres a lot of people using 2.4 GHz wi-fi these days you might be interfered with .. use a wi-fi scanner to see just what other signals are out there;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

Not a bad idea! I remembered that airodump-ng shows the channel numbers, & discovered that my wifi & the 5 neighbours' ones that can be detected upstairs were all on channel 11. Switching mine to 6 has made a slight improvement. I think I'll look into some of the other suggestions, but that has at least bought me some time.

Thanks.

Reply to
Adam Funk