Re: Wanted, Old MK metal clad light switches

hey owain, do you recall where j bull was located, wondering if it was my uncles old place

Reply to
mytova

Well, it's an old thread, but J. Bull were located in Portland Road, Brighton. I went there a few times in the 80s and 90s. They now seem to be in Henfield (Unit D Henfield Business Park Shoreham Rd Henfield Sussex BN5 9SL )

Jeff Layman

Yes I used them in the old days, they seemed to keep a lot of old stock from bankruptcy sales and the like. Back in the 80s lots of edge connectors etc at silly prices, so cheap in fact that they almost gave them away. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I bought a few thing from them, no issues with any really. I still have a couple of their dimmers in use now, bought in the 80's. One had the triac taken out by a blowing lamp, which I repaired up around ten years ago - they now work dimming LED's.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Their Haywards Heath site is now derelict:

some nicer stock here, panel meters, boxes labelled GPO and Decca, etc:

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

It's odd. I've got some dimmers dating from perhaps the 80s which dim LEDs

- others of the same period don't.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

its the haywards heath site id like to know more about

Reply to
mytova

For many years they traded from 103 Tamworth Road, Croydon which I assume was also a retail outlet. Presumably the HJaywards Heath address was only a store.

They advertised in the Practical Wireless magazine and others. I remember the move so, with a little research, you can find the Haywards Heath postal address.

Pdf files of Practical Wireless are available from:

(sorry about the line wrap) so go hunting for yourself. You will also be able to see what sort of stock they used to carry.

I looked at the February 1979 issue (ad on page 8 of the pdf file) but they were still using the Croydon address then.

The website contains all issues up to December 1999.

Happy hunting!

Reply to
Terry Casey