Re: OT: Ping Pamela

I've wonder why the EU doesn't insist EU countries pay their fare share to NATO. But they don't seem to I wonder why.

Six European governments now are above the threshold sought by US President Donald Trump ? Estonia, Greece, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania and Britain were estimated to have met the 2% goal last year.

Meanwhile, Germany, Italy, Spain, Luxembourg and Belgium were still nowhere near meeting the pledge.

--------------------------

Reply to
whisky-dave

Nothing to do with Trump it's been that way since before Obama.

Like what ? How comes greece has to pay it's full share but Germany doesn't.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Only because he brought it up, it's been going on for years.

Irrelivant. Unless of course you actually know those reasons and care to share them which you can't or won't.

No problem for Germany as they have the money they saved from not paying the agreed amount to NATO, and those illegals most likely speak English or French and will go to those countries and that is why we get boats from france dropping off illegals to the UK but legal in France, but they still choose to risk their lives leaving France to come to the UK. Why is Trump so worried about mexicans ?

Not it;s worked out from the profit a country makes, Gernamy makes more profit so they should pay more in but they refuse.

Not according to NATO who know what Germany should be paying.

We have the nuclear weapons NOT germany.

don;t need to as NATO have iof needed factored that in.

They were banned from doing so by the treaty at the end of WWII.

That's why their factories converted to other industries like cars. And how the Messerschmitt cars came about.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Nothing to do with Trump, he didn't set the levels at which counties pay.

They ignored it, whether it's considered major or not depends on the individual.

You know about flushing shit don't you, have you recieved training in it ?

So why has Trump bought it up if it's not a problem.

of course not the organisation is run by money they recieve from unicorns.

But they aren't illegals when they show up in spain and italy. They are legal refugees.

Trump just brought it up, he didn't set the amounts.

which is set by NATO.

So NATO doesn't exist then.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Nop, the levels were set long before Trump.

Military systems ?, we spend more on nuclear weapons which are excluded from these military systems, anyway I thought you said defence ? Are drones strikes in Iraq classed as defence ?

which war ?

We used to spend more before the USA existed. Most of the taxes went on defending towns and villages from others. It basicallty where the idea of taxes came from.

So, why does anyone have to follow the USA ?

Back to your old job them ?

So what does it have to do with Trump what the EU or anyone else spends on 'defence' I think he;d lioke us to make guns legal in the UK too, they'd be quite a market for them, when everyone gest told they can;t be safe without a gun.

military systems that cost money. Money that could be spend elsewhere.

No they aren't they are refugees.

right as always.

WTF does it have to do with him ? we can't tell him what to spend on tanning lotion we can;t tell him what to spend on healthcare.

He didnl;t set anyhting previously the USA said the EU countries should spend X amount as a percentage on the military because those countries signed up to NATO.

Reply to
whisky-dave

It was decided that coiuntries that had signed up to the NATO agreedment would use about 2% of I think their GDP of their budget for 'defence' .

And the nuclear deterrent, which a lot of EU countries don't have but the UK does.

I was refering with espect to germany and italy those countries that don;t meet NATO requirements.

So it can mean anything.

And that is americas choice it had to put on a good show because of russia. That was also what fueled the space race not because the USA wanted to go into space it's was because the russians put a saterlitte in orbit first.

What do you mean by contrubutes to NATO then as no one pays money to NATO.

But then again 11 of the USA states are BIGGER than the UK so why shouldn't the USA spend 11X more on the military than the UK ? It's got a far more land to protect. And from your link you'll find that the USA military is less than 11X that of the UK.

and in case you haven't notice the USA if far bigger than the UK and I'm talking about land mass but it goes for ego too, even more so with Trump.

In the days of the British empire we used to spend more on 'military' than almost any other country.

he has strong ties with the NRA of america.

It's all in the 2nd amendment.

Not if they are 'landing' in the closest country to where they are escaping from. Look up the legal definition of a refugee.

There are many reason and can get quite complex but Rome insisted that Malta should take the group because their boat first passed through its search-and-rescue area, but Valletta refused, claiming the people wanted to reach Italy.

Lok at the f****ng size of the USA compared to the UK, why should we spend equal amounts ? The USA is 40X the size of the UK.

On March 16, 2017 President Trump submitted his request to Congress for $639 billion in military spending

The UK spent $55 billion

Muplitply that by 40 and the USA should be spending 2200 $ billion. because it's 40x larger than the UK.

Reply to
whisky-dave

How odd you don;t know how it;s done using both direct and indirect funding

In 2006, NATO Defence Ministers agreed to commit a minimum of two per cent of their Gross Domestic Product (GDP) to spending on defence.

Member countries contribute to NATO in accordance with an agreed cost-sharing formula based on Gross National Income.

There was a signed agreement in 2006 f****it.

In 2006, NATO Defence Ministers agreed to commit a minimum of two per cent of their Gross Domestic Product (GDP) to spending on defence.

as yuo haven;t got the inteligence to find it for yuorself here it is.

In 2006, NATO Defence Ministers agreed to commit a minimum of two per cent of their Gross Domestic Product (GDP) to spending on defence.

In 2014, three Allies spent 2 per cent of GDP or more on defence; this went up to seven in 2018 and a majority of Allies have national plans in place to meet this target by 2024.

Who spends what on NATO f****it.

Yes it does. But you have to know why the 2nd amendment was set up.

So stay ignorant it's never stopped yuo in the past has it.

you were the one asking why the USA spends more than any other country on defence the reason is because it is the largest f****ng country that contributes to NATO.

Reply to
whisky-dave

NATO is a group of 29 countries that agree on something, a bit like the EU.

and I'm saying that's why they should be paying more having more to protect. Seems logical to me to pay more to protect more. I'd tell Trump it's like building a wall the bigger the wall the more it'll cost.

Reply to
whisky-dave