question re petrol power washer

Just trialing this power washer Wolf petrol 200 bar. Although it starts ok I am not sure about something.

When shutting it down the procedure is: Turn idle to low turn fuel off Turn switch off.

However when starting there is no mention of the idle switch in the instructions where that should be positioned for start up, and there is no mention on how this is used in the instructions, although by trial and error it appears to give more `bar`(power) when on high idle.

Any one got any ideas on this. Should it be on low for starting?

Reply to
ss

Mine is fairly tolerant on throttle setting. If you start on full choke it won't "run away" on full throttle. I think the engine may have a mechanical governor anyway (the rather similar engine on my water pump has one).

Certainly don't start on idle, I would normally set to 1/3 to 1/2 throttle. You won't get full pressure until you set the throttle reasonably high.

Reply to
newshound