electric power washer keeps cycling

Have coleman ql3100g electric power washer.

When off and under pressure its ok

When switch is turned on it will keep cycling, while wand is off When wand is opened there is a high pressure spray, and no cycling

Close wand, unit goes back to cycling

Is it in that white 'J' shaped unit with the micro-switch?

Thoughts?

TIA.....sky

Reply to
sky

Your description sounds like it's doing what it should. What problem are you having with it?

Reply to
RBM

the unit boasts of an auto start/stop feature.

when I first got it, with everything hooked up....water on, wand purged, electric connected, you would push the on/off rocker switch to start.

The unit would give a 'rrrunnnttt' sound, and stop, this signifies that the pump is under pressure.....unit is ready to go.

Then all that you needed to do is work the wand on/off and motor would start/stop when needed to maintain pressure.

Now for some reason this year, when I went to turn it on at the rocker switch it will..... 'rrrunnnttt' and stop, 'rrrunnnttt' and stop, 'rrrunnnttt' and stop, until I open the wand, then it runs like it should.

but when the wand is closed, it goes back to 'rrrunnnttt' and stop, 'rrrunnnttt' and stop....cycling. instead of 'rrrunnnttting' and stopping.

I feel that it is in the pressure switch, but I can't locate anyone that will own up to building the unit. so I can get a replacement.........googling for parts only gets you american co's.and a handful of Canadian, mostly commercial.

When you call coleman you HAVE TO HAVE a PW# instead of QL, then explain how you (coleman) authorized the building of this unit by a division of a group from canada that had it manufactured in china........you should hear the silence!

I feel like a beta experiment for coleman gone bad, for me, not them....now their into PW's after they found out how poular they could be.

Coleman sent me to sunbeam of canada, who bought the QL model, gave me two numbers, the first wanted to send me back to coleman, they don't make PW's.....finaly the second number, the lady in canada is researching who/where this company is. as of this time.....no response.

Thanks for the rant.....I work nights so I usually check back before/after work 7pm then about 4am

busy, but waiting for phone call Just call me; build 0.0 'rrrunnnttting'

Steve

Reply to
sky

More likely it is the check valve that holds the pressure up when the pump stops. If you just use it for a while it may free up. That may actually be part of the pump.

Reply to
gfretwell

gfretwell, RBM.....

You were both right.

After exhausting all possibilities with the pressure switch, I examined the fitting area where the wand attaches to the pump.

I found a crack in the pump casting :( With the casting made from some type of white metal, I realize that I am S*** out of luck, until I find a new replacement part, but.......... being a person of many trades/master of none, I am going to see if I can have it repaired.

I have a few welding friends who may be up to the challenge......... I can hear them LOL already.

btw, do you know how to create an attachment to these posts?..... I wanted to send a picture (418kb jpeg) of part, but couldn't figure out how, as of yet.

sky/build 0.0 'rrrunnnttting' Steve

Reply to
sky

Attachments aren't allowed in non-binary groups. I'm not sure how they are blocked, but I've never seen one get thru.

Post your picture in the web space your ISP provides or at one of the many free sites then post the link here.

Reply to
Dan Espen

You can post pictures to a free service like photobucket or tinyurl and give the link to them

Reply to
RBM