Petrol power washer M.P.G

Son just bought a wolf petrol power washer I think 6.5 hp. (200bar) Anyhow I have the pleasure of setting it up for him and testing it. I was wondering if anyone has a rough idea on how much fuel per hour , just as a guideline. I reckon for my slabs etc I may need approx 2 hours use, maybe less if it is more efficient than my electric 100 bar one.

Reply to
ss

No idea on consumption, but it's certainly going to do the job a whole lot quicker.

Reply to
David Lang

"Fuel Consumption 230g/PS-hr(313g/kWh)"

Not sure what that means but ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

(200bar)

750 W per hp (ish) * 6.5 = 4.875 kW. IIRC petrol contains a shade under 10 kWHr/litre, so roughly 1/2 a litre per hour. Small internal combustion engines aren't very effcient so you might have to more than double that.

Presumably the Honda GX200 is a 6.5 hp jobbie? 313g/kwHr = 1525g for

4.875 kw/hr. So around 1.5 litres/hr.

And be far more effective at removing the paint from bumpers or the mortar from between paving slabs. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The reason a higher pressure is quicker is that the nozzle can be further away from the job and hence cover a wider area.

Reply to
harry

Never actually measured my 6.5 Wolf, but that sounds like the right sort of figure to me.

Reply to
newshound

That sounds like it's powered by the classic 198cc single cyclinder 4 stroke commodity prime mover used by cheap 2.8KVA gensets. You can equate it to a 3KW electric motor. I suspect the running costs, even if you can buy duty free petrol, will be at least twice that of a 3KW/4HP pressure washer. If the prime mover is of the two stroke persuasion, you can add another 50% onto the fuel consumption costs.

Unless there's a need to eliminate being tethered to a 13A mains socket, a mains powered unit will offer a far better operating economy every time.

Reply to
Johnny B Good

Apart from all this the litres per min (flow rate) is as important, if not more so,than the pressure

Reply to
fred

It wont be used too often, son is doing some external painting (not his property) and requires it for initial cleaning of walls so mains powered not an option. I suspect it wont be used at full blast though for paintwork, I have had good use over the weekend testing it out. :-)

Reply to
ss