Product Recall: Bostik Aluminium Solar Protector

"The product may present a risk of injuries due to excess gassing created within the tin, leading to increased pressure & popping of lids which can cause the material to land on consumers."

"If you have purchased either of these products between June 2021 and August 2022, you should stop using it immediately and return it to your local B&Q store where a refund to the value of your purchase will be given."

"Please exercise caution and wear appropriate PPE when handling the product (full face visor, gloves and overalls). Do not lift the product by the handle - please lift by placing your hands around the tin. When returning to store, please place the product into a cardboard box and seal the top."

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

So what is the actual hazard. If its paint, you show me anyone using paint that never gets it all over their cloths, skin, floor etc?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Or just cover with a rag and pry it open a smidge before handling the tin?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

But not a great idea to get it in your eyes when the lid blows off.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Well, no but from the description it did not seem to imply it was explosive. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Is this really a tin tin or one of those pretty useless plastic tub tins you often get which flex madly if you use the handles, I wonder?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

It did say that it could pop the lid off and get the contents on the person close.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The picture I found is a proper metal 5 litre tin.

Reply to
Rob Morley