Aluminium threshold protector

Hi, I have a need to protect the wooden door threshold of my kitchen door. I am thinking aluminium sheet like a kick-plate only bent :) It is L shaped 90mmx40mmx835 and needs a slight incline from the back to the turned edge before it drops, if that can be understood - sorry. Does anyone have any ideas who might be best to contact for this type of thing? I am in Chester area. Thanks. Stuart.

Reply to
srt

A local sheet metal place should be able to make something up for you to your dimensions. The chances of finding a commercial product "just right" are slim

You might want to consider stainless steel as aluminium will scratch and ding quite easily.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Try Googling for step covers or stair tread covers.

Reply to
Nightjar

Ordinary plain ally will look quite scruffy in short order. Anodised will survive rather better - or ribbed, etc.

Traditionally, it would be brass. If you don't mind looking after it.

Stainless steel would probably be best if you want a more modern look.

Or even glued on ribbed rubber. You can buy that by the metre from the likes of Woolies.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for that folks. I had been googling for ages but found what I am after at a site after putting in doorstep !! Typical well its showing

50.mm x 100mm x 825mm which is about right and its in ssteel. £34.50 + delivery so think I will give it a go :) Many thanks for your input.
Reply to
srt