Electrical query - wires through the walls

I'm mounting a HiFi cabinet on a wall, at about head height.

Originally I was going to run the wires down the wall to skirting level but I am now considering running the wires through a wall into the cupboard under the stairs.

So this would be the two 13 amp power leads, to a twin socket in the cupboard, plus audio leads to the speakers across the room and to the PC as an audio source.

So is the best thing to do to use dry wall boxes and brush covers?

Or is there some other smaller neat way of passing cables through a wall?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

2 or more bits of 20mm round conduit cut flush with the wall and made good with filler. Mains down one, signals down the other?
Reply to
Tim Watts

Mmmmm....sounds like a plan :-)

One added complication is that I have hacked the plasterboard wall under the stairs to pieces so I can get at the hidden wiring (major lapse in forward planning) so I am going to screw a wooden wall on (to allow future removal for further wire fettling) so I have to integrate this with the conduit - one reason why I was thinking of brush covered boxes as these are a little more forgiving.

Thinking about it, the signal cables are going to be inside the wall. It is only the power cables which will need to come out through the wall so I can plug them into sockets and switch them on and off.

Fun times ahead.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to