Suggestions for Vertical

S > I am painting my kitchen/dining room/living room. (They are all S > one big L-shaped room.) There's a sliding glass door in the dining S > room that is covered by cheap, off-white, vertical blinds. There's S > no reason to replace the blinds (although I'm keeping that idea in S > reserve), but I would like to spruce them up a bit. S > S > I'm pretty certain that I'm going to put a wooden cornice (?) over S > the top of the blinds, to hide the the hardware. I'm also thinking about
Yes, it's called a cornice. Upside-down L-brackets (right-angle brackets) mounted into the wall studs (use a stud finder) and underneath of the cornice should hold. You could add some small decorative lights (use 4-W night-light bulbs) and nick-nacks.
S > painting the individual blinds, but I'm concerned about the paint S > cracking off. The blinds are a flexible vinyl. I've thought about S > this new spray paint that is supposed to bond to plastic to prevent S > chipping, but the color selection is very limited.
Hmmm: how about wallpaper or contact paper? Haven't done it, just a thought. BTW, be careful with the gear-thingies at the top of each blind used to rotate. A couple of ours have broken.
- » barry.martin■AT■ «
* "I think not," said Descartes, and promptly disappeared.
■ RoseReader 2.52ß P003186
■ The Safe BBS ■ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.