Suggestions for Vertical Blinds

I know this isn't the best place to talk about redecorating, but I can't find any active newsgroups for the subject. I'm hoping someone will have some suggestions for me.

I am painting my kitchen/dining room/living room. (They are all one big L-shaped room.) There's a sliding glass door in the dining room that is covered by cheap, off-white, vertical blinds. There's no reason to replace the blinds (although I'm keeping that idea in reserve), but I would like to spruce them up a bit.

I'm pretty certain that I'm going to put a wooden cornice (?) over the top of the blinds, to hide the the hardware. I'm also thinking about painting the individual blinds, but I'm concerned about the paint cracking off. The blinds are a flexible vinyl. I've thought about this new spray paint that is supposed to bond to plastic to prevent chipping, but the color selection is very limited.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance,

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail) ~~~~~~

"I reserve the absolute right to be smarter today than I was yesterday." -Adlai Stevenson

Suzie-Q

== Two thoughts--I used the Fusion spray paint on an outdoor side table and the spray is so fine that it takes a *lot* to cover anything and the overspray is enormous. I used 3 cans and still didn't cover the table. I gave up and determined the paint is worthless. The individual panels in your verticals can be covered with strips of fabric. Simply cut it and glue it on. You will want a decorator weight fabric that doesn't fray easily. You can cover the edges with cording or leave as is. ==

Reply to
gini52

== Oops, I forgot. You can also cover the veins with prepasted wallpaper. ==

Reply to
gini52

Change the blinds. Verticals went out in the 90's along with disco.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here