Differences b/w paint types and spray guns

I hope that this group can clear up my confusion. Are there some types of paints that you cannot use with a spray gun?? I have been researching spray guns and I think I am going to get the Campbell Hausfeld HV100 system. My initial use will be to use it to spray rustoleum and then I might use it to stain a deck and other household items. Are there some types of paint you can't use with a spray gun or is the difference in how the guns apply the paint?

Thanks,

Reply to
txoutdoors

Until someone else posts a better answer, consider that the box and instructions that come with the spray gun will tell you what you can use and any other info you may need. If you need a spray gun that will use a particular paint or stain, ask about it in the store. Ask to see the instructions that come with the spray guns.

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail) ~~~~~~

"I reserve the absolute right to be smarter today than I was yesterday." -Adlai Stevenson

Suzie-Q

Every one of 4 or 5 deck stains I have seen says it should be brushed on, not sprayed.

-- Don Phillipson Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada)

Reply to
Don Phillipson