Spray Gun Recommendations, Please

My siphon/comventional feed spray guns, Craftsman and Campbell Hausfeld, ar e old and parts are no longer available. I need a new one or new ones. I' ve looked at these reviews, but I'm confused:

I am familiar with siphon feed, since this is the only kind I've ever used. My guns are pretty simple. Is the gravity feed better, just as simple? Should I stick with siphon feed?

The reviews seem to consider paint, rather than clear coat finishes, when c omparing the two kinds of guns. I've never sprayed paint, besides, I have an industrial spray gun (needs new bushings) we used to spray paint on the barn.... I wouldn't use this for furniture or like projects, anyway.

I spray occasionally, maybe once every month, at the most. These days, pr obably less, but I'd like a good durable gun.... probably $150 max should b e a reasonable cost, I suppose. I don't want a cheap, short-life gun. I'v e had my old guns, probably, for 30 yrs. *I haven't priced any siphon fee ds, yet.

For my siphon feeds, I use 40 lbs air pressure. According to this discuss ion -

-, less air pressure is required for gravity feed. 40 lbs isn't much.... I d on't have a problem with this little of pressure. In this comparison, "ad vantage of gravity feed" is for paint. With clear coat finishes, will I h ave a similar "better result/application" with a gravity feed gun?

Am I asking the correct questions, to make a reasonable decision?

Any suggestions or explanations would be appreciated.... but I'd prefer sho rt and simple, LOL.

Thanks. Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

[...]

hort and simple, LOL.

Sonny, it really depends on the size of jobs you are doing. For me, the id eal gun is the little touch up gun from Harbor Freight. Its cheap and does a great job. I have a friend who builds street rods, among other things, and insists on a mirror like finish - all he uses are guns from Harbor Frei ght. Its worth a look - whether you are going for siphon or gravity feed.

Reply to
Dr. Deb