HVLP gun, cleaning

I have a Fuji Q4 and like it a lot. I have been spraying exclusively water-borne finishes, and am now ready to step up to non-water. I am thinking of spraying M. L. Campbell "Krystal", which is a post-cat lacquer. Hence my questions: Anybody out there w/ Fuji Q4 and Fuji gun? If so, which needle set do you use for lacquer? How do you clean the gun? By this, I mean do you totally disassemble the gun after, or just run solvent (lacquer thinner, I presume) through it. I am really scared of turning my gun into a block of lacquer. Do you ever use a gravity feed gun with the Q4? If so, which kind? It seems that the gravity feed guns can be a whole lot easier to clean up, but I can't find any gravity feed turbine guns.

Any advice gratefully accepted. regards,

Mr. Bill

Reply to
Mr_Bill

Bay Area Dave

I use the # 3 needle/nozzle combination for my Q4 and lacquer.

IF the gun is going to sit more then five or ten minutes between uses I empty it and clean it with the appropriate Thinner/solvent.

I take take the cup off, remove the needle and nozzle then the feed tube and cover. I do not dissasemble the body of the gun. Each piece is cleaned seperatly and I use a pipe cleaner for the internal fluid passage in the gun.

While I don't agree that the gravity feed is any easier to clean then the cup I do have a gravity feed arrangment for my Q4 bought with the gun for the gun.

Reply to
Mike G