Recommendation for HVLP wanted

Need to pick up a new HVLP system, primarily for spraying clear finish (most likely water based poly and/or shellac) on house parts. Cabinets, trim, doors, etc. Any recommendations on a good, relatively inexpensive system that has a self-comtained turbine?

Have been looking at the Fuji units, also recall that there was a review of a few models in a recent WW rag, but I can't remember which one.

-- Jon Endres, PE Reply To: wmengineer (at) adelphia (dot) net

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

Hey Jon, you need to talk to Tom Watson. He has a 3 stage and needs a 4 stage in order to spray latex or a conversion gun and a big a** compressor. It sounds like he has what you need (3 stage HVLP) and you have what he needs.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Have and love a Fuji Q4.

Also have a Campbell Hausfeld 2500 which does a good job with wood finishes.

Price difference, several hundreds of dollars.

About any unit with the right needle/nozzle combination that puts out about

5 PSI at the nozzle with 80 + CFM will do the job to your capabilities..

The difference. The Q4 is a lot more versatile in what it will spray and I expect it will be around, even with constant use, a very long time after the CH has been deep sixed.

Reply to
Mike G