Which HVLP Turbine Systems?

Looking for some advice on a HVLP Turbine system. McFeeley's seems to think highly of the Apollo line - was looking at the "800 3stage" model for $700. Looks like several other options exist. Ran into the Turninaire guy at the Minneapolis wwod show - that looked nice too.

Any thoughts on the best for under 800-900 bucks?

Thanks

Reply to
MN Guy

have used both of these and I own the TP brand. Both great units. I use mine in our remodeling business and travel trailer restoration business.

Good luck,

AZCRAIG

cm

Take a look at

I went with the Graco 3800.

Reply to
My Old Tools

I can't speak to the Apollo system, but I have been using the Fuji Q4 system for several years now and am very happy with it. It sprays a variety of finishes very, very well - from thinned latex to lacquer to stains/dyes. The customer service of the company is really good. (The owner answers the phone). The noise level is low to medium, it is like being in the room with a relatively quiet vacuum cleaner.

The only part I don't like about it is the bleeder-type gun that came with it. This does not affect the finish, but is kind of irritating when I start blowing other stuff around the shop with it. But the company ships the system with a nonbleeder gun now - looks nice.

I bought it through Amazon for sub $900 (as I recall). I also puchased the whip hose (nice) and the small cup set (nice for small jobs and hard to reach places).

cheers, hank

Reply to
Hank

I'm extremely satisfied with my Fuji unit.

Reply to
MikeG

I was about to pickup the FUJI Q3 on Amazon for $595 when I saw a 4 stage Graco 4900 Procomp in the paper with 2 guns for $600. It was practically brand new. If you can spend a little time on it, watch your classifieds for a good deal, you never know.

Mike

PS. There were a few setups on ebay as well, decent priced, but I wanted to be able to shoot it first and make sure everything worked...

Reply to
Mike in Idaho

I second the recommendation of the Fuji Q4. Have used it for everything from shellac through latex house paint. Service is excellent, and the owner *does* answer the phone. (?!)

Whatever turbine you get, make sure you get 4-stages, if you have any thoughts about shooting heavy stuff.

The new Fuji gun is a non-bleeder type. I have the older, bleeder type.

Anyway, my Fuji is one of the few tools I own where I am 100% satisfied.

Rex

Reply to
Rex_flex

Good point that I should probably have mentioned myself. I've had a few occasions to call Fuji for information and have had excellent service from them.

Note, the calls to Fuji were to get technical questions answered and had nothing to do with the actual operation of my Q4. That, has never given me a problem.

Reply to
MikeG

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I broke down and splurged on the Apollo 1000. Sounds like the Fuji Q4 and Apollo 1000 (4 stage) are both quite reputable and highly spoken of, even by the dealers who carry the other. Didn't ever want to end up saying, "I wished I would have spent a little more and gotten the bigger one." Figure the 1000 will spray just about anything you throw at it.

Thanks again

Reply to
MN Guy