Leaf Blower,...Which one?

I'm looking for a hand held, these are all around $200.00

Shindaiwa EB240 Stihl BG85 Echo PB230LN Redmax HB2300

Any opinions?

Reply to
john

Just wondering if you'd consider a backpack model. Used one this year and it makes work a whole lot easier.

Reply to
Merle O'Broham

Reply to
john

it into all of

Exactly what I use mine for too. Stand back and put on a respirator. Crannie, married to Crandpa? :-p ouch

Reply to
Merle O'Broham

I'm sure you've done your research, but at that cost have you considered bumping up to a backpack model? I've seen some in the mid-$200s.

As far as a hand-held model goes, I bought last year a "Homelite" from Home Depot - not sure of the exact model number. It's their house brand, and I've really enjoyed it. It's gas powered, has a mulching vacuum that works well on leaves (but I don't recommend sticks or cones), and a couple of different attachments for the blower. It retails for about $100 and satisfies my needs.

Good luck!

Reply to
Squank

My 2 cents worth: I just ran a Husky (132HBV) to it's demise after 1 years of use. Looked at Consumer Reports and decided on a Stihl BG85 Was surprised at how much more powerful it was (yeah, I know, not fair comparison to a 10 y/o piece of equipment). I thought getting backpack model might be overkill for what I use it for (blowing pin needles and leaves off the roof and decks), and didn't want to spen the extra bucks on a backpack. If I used the blower for a garag sweeper, my wife would have me remove the exhaust fumes manuall (inhale in the garage, exhale outside the garage)

-- telmore

Reply to
telmore

Do you want a good one? Of course. I recommend the Stihl BG85. I've done my research. You'll not find a more versatile, better balanced, more powerful handheld. Has one or two hand operation. Quickly change to right or left. Say, if your doing a lot of blowing and your right hand gets tired, grab the secondary handle (for two hand operation) with your left hand and use it upside down for awhile. That can save steps too. And their engines are bulletproof. I have two brothers and two brother-in-laws who own them besides myself. We all love them.

Reply to
Infomaniac