Recommendation please - gasoline engine driven leaf blower

My leaf blower bit the dust and looking to buy a new one either hand held or back back ... any recommendation based on personal experience?

Thanks.

Reply to
nospamplse

Shindiawa and Stihl make the best quality hand held and backpack blowers, IMO.

Reply to
Art

We have both at work. Our Shindiawa backpacks are older, and I prefer them. The Stihl's are much quieter, but I guess I'm so used to the two-handed operation of the Shindaiwa. A lot of the guys like the Stihl. I have a Stihl hand blower at work (new, don't have model number with me), and it's sweet!

I guess I'd have to "second" the motion, tho. Shindaiwa or Stihl would be the way to go.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

I have a hand held Echo and works pretty good. Other than what were already mentioned, also consider Husqvarna. The deciding factor for me was what my local store had at the time - the top brands are priced about the same anyway. Look at what the pros use in your area. You should also consider where the local service is located too - no need to drive half a day just to get it fixed.

Reply to
** Frank **

[....]
[....]

I'm going to put a 'third' in for both Shindaiwa and Stihl products.

Stihl BR400 back pack - 100% great tool Stihl SH85 is a hand held blower great for the small jobs and easily converts to a vacuum shredder that bags. the SH85 is great for removing leaves from flower beds with out disturbing the mulch. also makes quick clean up when doing hedge maintenance.

Reply to
Jim

I have a Red Max backpack which is along the same lines as the Shindawa. Same manufacturer? Either way it's a great machine.

Reply to
Jeff

No it's not the same mfg. Shindaiwa does not private label for anyone. While it is a good machine it's nowhere near the quality or performance of the Shindaiwa backpacks.

Reply to
Art

i like the ones that have the carb and fuel lines out in the open,easy to get to. because they need replaceing about every 3-4 years.been runnin a homelight hand held since 1986. i know the echo ,stihl ,shindowa are more high performance, but i get alot of used homelights given to me because you can buy a new one for about what a carb and fuel line job costs.lucas

ds549