Echo Leaf Blower Won't Hot-Restart

Got an Echo PB-250 hand-held leaf blower that has developed a hot-restart problem. Starts just fine when cold and runs strong- but won't hot restart unless I squirt some stating fluid into the air intake.

Never had a problem with it before and haven't changed my restart procedure that has always worked- grab the start rope and give it a yank.

The unit is several properly maintained years old. Currently has new correct NGK plug, new air filter, good gas, proper oil mix.

Hate to replace it if there's some simple fix I don't know about...

Reply to
Wade Garrett

First suspect is always the carb. You can likely find a new carb for ~$10 on Ebay. They have rebuild kits for half that, but not really worth it, unless your particular replacement carb costs a lot more. Since it starts with fluid, have you tried pressing the primer bulb a few times and/or closing or partially closing the choke?

Reply to
trader_4