Spray gun recommendations

I need to get a spray gun(s) for stain and finish (urethane) for "recreational" use (non-commercial,. hobby projects) Your recomendations on best model and supplier would be appreciated. I've never had one. I thinking of this now because I inherited a nice Hitachi compressor and some nailers, and the compressor could be used to drive the sprayers. I'm doing some remodelling and those egg crate grille vents are a terror to hand stain and finish.

Thanks Jerry

Reply to
Jerome Ranch

The Husky gravity feed HVLP at HD is a great gun. It does as good as my Binks 2000. There are 2 models and I can't tell the difference between the

2.
Reply to
Art Ransom

I agree. Great gun for a good price.

Reply to
Robatoy

Can you get different tips for the Husky?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

"There are 2 models and I can't tell the difference between the 2"

Are there two Husky Models that are simular ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve DeMars

Jerry, did you receive my email reply

Don Dando

Reply to
Don Dando

Good question. I will look for the booklet that came with the gun.

Looks like Binks equipment..but who knows?

I'll get back to you.

Robatoy

Their manual doesn't mention it, but on the parts list it is labelled as a #1 tip. I will take my gun to my paint tech..see what he thinks.

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
Jerome Ranch

HVLP guns will probably use lots and lots and lots of air (High Velocity Low Pressure). Compressors typically used to drive nailers may do 3 or

4 SCFM; the HVLP gun could suck 11 SCFM or more.

If you're painting lots of small items (as in short bursts of product application with lots of nice pauses for the compressor to recover) it may work OK, but for any substantial area you can get real frustrated.

Reply to
Tim Mueller

Hey Jerry,

Seems like everybody is hanging out at Lowes.

I have the Porter Cable PSH1, also a HVLP spray gun. It works so good it makes me look good. Fit and finish of the tool could not be better.

I gave 80 bucks for it on Amazon.

RRRangerPaul

Reply to
Ranger Paul