spray paint splattering

I was using a spray gun to paint kitchen cabinets with an oil based paint. Unfortunately, the paint started to splatter all over my cabinets.
1) What causes this? I did a goggle search and some reasons are: * paint too thick * debris in line * air bubble in line * louse connection
Which of these seem most likely? I am thinking that there might be debris in the line?
2) How do I repair this? Sand it down and try again? 3) Any other suggestions?
On 5/8/2018 7:47 PM, Deodiaus wrote:

I'd suspect dirt in the paint clogging the spray nozzle.  Clean the nozzle and use a paint filter cone to filter the paint.

If you are in a high humidity environment, condensation in the compressed air can cause this issue. An inexpensive moisture filter at the outlet of the compressor and then a small one at the gun can help tremendously.

Most likely paint gathering on the outside of the nozzle for some reason, then forming a "glob" and following the spray to the surface. Common issue in spray-bombs but can happen on some spray guns too
Yes, you are right. It was doing that (globing on the nozzle). How do I stop that? BTW, I have a Titan Advantage 200 sprayer. Also, how do I fix the problem, do I sand and repaint or just repaint hoping to hide that problem.
Deodiaus posted for all of us...

Your paint is too thick.
--
Tekkie

ANd he needs to sand the globvs down - properly applied spray paint will NOT hide it.
Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

hoping to hide that problem.

Correct. I don't know what his setup is but pressure could be low or incorrect aircap.
--
Tekkie

This is a automatic airless gun Titan Advantage 200 which I bought at a garage sale for $50 last year, so I don't think that there is a control on that.
On Fri, 11 May 2018 13:35:34 -0700 (PDT), Deodiaus
All you have is the pressure control and the tip size to adjust on that machine. Make sure it is fully primed and the pressure is high enough - generally about 3/4 of full pressure setting for latex. Size 17 nozzle. Make sure the paint isn't too thick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iywNgCXGDOM