Grow light???

Any ideas on a good inexpensive grow light?? We brought all our potted tropicals in our garage the other night so they would not freeze. One plant(palm) is about 8 ft tall and about 300 pounds. It is not easy to keep bringing all this in and out of the garage so any ideas ?? I would love to get some type of grow light and keep all these plants in until spring.

Reply to
Shellie Cahill

Any florsecent light will do. Go to Wal-Mart and get one of their cheap florescent lights for about $12.

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail) ~~~~~~

"I reserve the absolute right to be smarter today than I was yesterday." -Adlai Stevenson

Suzie-Q

GO TO MANARDS AND ASK THEM. THEY WILL SET YOU UP. I DID AND IT WORKS GREAT.

Reply to
Romy Beeck

Hi Shellie, Just be sure to get a flourescent that has the right spectrum for growing plants (usually a warmer frequency type). I bought my last set at Menards, but I'm sure they are available widely. I used a simple shop type flourescent fixture.

Sherw>

Reply to
Sherwin Dubren

Use regular shop lights. The 4 foot flourescent ones. It's all you need.

Reply to
Tom Randy

You can use one warm and one cool.

Reply to
Tom Randy

Dr. Moonbeam is able to post his replies in the future!

With such an amazing ability he cold get rich by predicting lottery numbers.

Isn't it about time you reset your clock, Chuckie baby?

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

".........Dr. Moonbeam is able to post his replies in the future!........"

There are always time zones, which is why you can reply to me 5 or so hours before I ask a question. But If everyone would set their computers to GMT (

)which we all know is the only true time then there would be no problems like this.

Reply to
David Hill

Thanks David, I was em tech support asking them why I was seeing the RE'S before the original post. DA!!!

Reply to
Phillip Sherman

HPS or MH. Fluorescents lose too much intensity past 4" from the tubes.

Reply to
Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

Since you are in the same time zone as I am, there shouldn't be any difference in the time of the replies. You should check your clock settings.

future!........"

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

Reply to