Potterton Boiler - Just Started up?

Hi,

Last night at about 3am we became aware of the central heating was making a noise and when we checked it out, although the central heating and water was switched off the boiler had started up?

Its a standard Potterton boiler (50E) about 13years old.

I turned the hallway thermostat up and down and double checked that the water and heat were definitely off, which they were and a minute later the boiler stopped. This morning and evening it started and stopped as normal.

It was a cold night - I am not sure if that is relevant?

Any clues?

Thanks

Billy

Reply to
William Peasgood

Is there a frost stat somewhere?

Reply to
Tony Bryer

AFAIK, there isn't one built-in to that model, so it must be somewhere external.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It may well have an internal frost stat.

Reply to
Ed Sirett