Vokera boiler fault code 10 gas supply

Hi Group,

We have bulk propane supplied to our house. Just had a delivery yesterday (full tank) and when I looked at the boiler it was reading fault code 10 (gas supply). I reset the boiler and ran the gas rings on the cooker thinking there might be some problem with the gas. After a few resets of the boiler the boiler did manager to get going and then ran ok all that evening. However this morning the boiler started up but then must have tripped out with fault code 10 gas supply again. I have now reset the boiler and it seems to be heating ok again.

Any thoughts on what might be causing it.

Reply to
david.cawkwell

What does your boiler manual say the fault code means?

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Yellow

I'm guessing from the subject line and message content that it means a gas supply fault. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

I guess it's a question of determining if it's a genuine gas supply fault or a sensor/pcb problem with your boiler.

Have you noticed any change in flame size or any unexpected flame fluctuations in you gas ring? If so it would point to a regulator fault. If not then it would seem that the fault would have to lie with your boiler.

Which model is it though? I've looked at one model (Linea HE) and code 10 is a general ignition fault code, not a gas supply fault code.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Vokera Mynute HE Looking at a different part of the install manual I see AL10 is Ignition failure/not flame sensed, condense sensor activated Strangely it did the same thing this evening going straight to fault code 10. However I tried a number of resets with no luck. My partner went downstairs and put the gas rings on the oven then next reset and the boiler started ok. I seem to remember I had similar problems to this last time the tank was filled. It's a big tank so it lasts a year. Maybe I should reset the regulator on the tank. Or is there a regulator on the boiler as well?

Reply to
david.cawkwell

I'm kind of surprised that the usual suspects haven't jumped in yet on this thread but you're welcome to my uninformed opinion. ;-)

Common things being common, you'd have to plump with a boiler fault over a gas supply problem. Having said that, the fact that you've had this problem before after the tank has been filled raises the possibility of a gas supply problem. Regulators are normally pretty reliable and I can't imagine why filling the tank should make a difference but then again, I can't see why turning on the hob should make a difference *unless* it's a supply problem. (Pressure too high perhaps?).

Might be worth ringing Calor to see if they have anything to say on the matter (although I suspect they'll say it couldn't possibly be anything to do with them).

Good luck!

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Same problem again this morning boiler wouldn't light. I took the cover off and seems the flame lights nice and blue but then after a while goes orange and then goes out. Seems strange the boiler was working perfectly until the tank was filled.

Reply to
david.cawkwell