Ideal Combi boiler 'Logic 24' shows F1 fault (though pressure seems correct)

My Ideal Combi boiler ('Logic 24') keeps going to F1 fault, even though the CH system pressure seems correct (1.5 bar when cold and about 2bar when hot). I turned off the power and then reset the system, and after a few minutes wait, the CH worked again, but only for about 15 minutes. I then cut out and the F1 was flashing again. I re-checked the pressure and it seems exactly correct. Can anyone suggest what may be wrong? The system was installed by British Gas engineers, about 6 years ago.

Thank you... Al

Reply to
adeptican

I think you'll have to "get a man in" unless you're a gas engineer (in which case you wouldn't have to ask).

Reply to
Max Demian

Check your warranty. My Ideal boiler came with a 7 year warranty a couple of years back.

Reply to
Grumps

ITYF that it needs to have been serviced annually for that to work.

Reply to
RJH

I cannot find any warranty paperwork but I am pretty sure it was only 5 years for me.

Reply to
adeptican

Could the pressure sensor have failed slightly, or the indicated pressure not be accurate? Try adding a little more pressure to see if it helps perhaps..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Hi Harry/Max.. Thanks for the input. Yes, the pressure sensor was my logical guess too. I did try upping the pressure up to 2 bar, but the F1 fault continued to show. Hopefully, replacing the sensor is an easy and inexpensive job.

Al

Reply to
adeptican

I've not worked on your model but the old Classic Combis used to suffer crud blockages in the port to the pressure switch. This was a simple item to clean or change.

Reply to
Cynic

Thanks, Cynic. Actually, I have already fixed it! It was a simple bad connection where the wires plug onto the pressure sensor. All it took was a little wiggle! I'm glad I didn't listen to everyone who told me to get a gas-safe plumber out! Long live D-I-Y!

Al

Reply to
adeptican

How often do modern Combis *really* need servicing? Mine has been going fine for 6 years with no service (apart from one bad electrical connection, which I fixed with a simple wiggle). I'm wondering if I should pay to have a proper service now, or adopt the "If it ain't broke, don't mess with it" approach. Comments?

AL

Al

Reply to
adeptican