Boiler heating problem Potterton Profile

I have a problem with my central heating, which is driving me crazy!
The boiler (a Potterton Profile) just does not stay in long enough t heat the bedroom rads. Hot water seems to be fine. But when I try t run the heating the bolier clicks, whirs for about 15 secs then repeat this process several times before eventually firing up. However, when i evenutally does start, it only runs for a few minutes - enough to ge the bathroom rad and a landing rad hot - before shutting down again Also when the boiler cuts out and the pump stops running, I can hear big rush of water and gurglings which seem to be going through the pip with the pump on it. Any clues on how to fix this would be gratefully received. Thanks, Mik
-- alfa.romeo164
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 14:52:00 +0000, alfa.romeo164 wrote:

Divide and conquer: Is the boiler being asked to burn for longer (SL connection on its terminal block)
It could be an intermittent failure of the Overheat cutout.
I would also check the ignition wire as this is also used to sense the flames and there must be some problem.

Points to a blockage. It's shutting down correctly because of the flow sensor. The fix is to flush the system then use a suitable additive when refilling of course.
Jon
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 17:03:03 +0000, Jonathan Schneider wrote:

Seeing as the OP has got the HW ok. It strongly suggests that there is just as likely an external problem upstream of the boiler.