Potterton 80 Combi problems

Hope someone can help. My daughter has a Potterton 80 Combi boiler and although the hot water works ok the central heating internittantly doesnt. Tried all on/off combninations and thermostat settings so assume it is something more technical. Any thoughts? Michael

Reply to
mkwhite

Look underneath and check that the pressure is "in the green". Also insure that the yellow lite beside the heating switch is not "on". In real life, when the heating pressure goes to zero the yellwo lite comes on and only hot water will function. Mine (a Puma 80) works well if I keep the pressure at 1 bar.

Reply to
JimP

Sorry to be depressing but if starts giving recurring problems get rid of it and get a worcester.

I had a potterton recentl - 18 months old when I inherited it. Over 5 years it cost me almost as much in maintenance and repairs as a new boiler. My current worcester is much, much more reliable.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Lipscombe